Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy Holidays!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and a happy holiday season!

December 19th was the last day of school before the winter break.  This year, with Christmas Eve on the Wednesday, I haven't really felt like I've had a break!  We had such a wonderful time celebrating Christmas, but it feels like it is all I've been doing.  Even with some time to relax Sunday to today, it has still felt like this winter break is going by VERY quickly, and has been VERY busy.  I'm enjoying it; but I will admit, I prefer when Christmas happens right away on the winter break from school.  That way, New Years comes up quickly too, and there is actually time AFTER New Years to relax.

My Christmas was wonderful, though.  We saw my mom's side of the family on December 20th.  My cousin is currently pregnant, and it is very exciting for our family to welcome a new baby.  She found out just before our party that she is having a girl, so we cannot wait to spoil her baby when she is born in May.

December 21st, we went to Quin's & Mac's house for our Sitcom Group of Friends' Christmas get-together.  Quin did a great job preparing appetizers, and we enjoyed relaxing together and seeing one another before the holiday craziness with our families began.

This year, Mr. Lock and I spent Christmas Eve with his family and then Christmas Day with mine.  Both events were really fun, we had great food and received plenty of fun and useful gifts!  Everyone was very generous.  We are actually getting a puppy (more on that later!), so many of our gifts were PetSmart gift cards -- which is SO appreciated!

On Boxing Day, we went to my grandparents' house to spend time with my dad's side of the family.  It was good to see them, and we played our favourite card game (Canasta) and had MORE delicious food.  While I would have liked to see a white Christmas, the clear weather for travelling was appreciated.

On December 27th, we went skating at a rink that Mr. Lock's godfather rents every year.  Then, off to their home for a potluck dinner with lots of my in-laws friends.  MORE delicious food and treats; good thing we spent an hour skating, hopefully we burned some calories!

I've now been trying to accomplish a few tasks around the house; and clean and prepare for our New Years Eve celebrations!  This year, our Fancy Dress House Party is at our house.  It is really fun to be hosting.  I'm excited for ringing in another New Year with our best friends.

I'm just glad I have amazing Norwex products to make cleaning my home a project I actually enjoy! haha.  I'm off to dive into that job now...

Have a Happy New Year, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your love for Norwex products - you are the best!

    HOLD.THE.PRESS.
    You are getting a dog?!!! How come I didn't know this?!
    OMG what kind - deets please!!!

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.